Embodied Biotensegrity, brings the biotensegrity paradigm beyond the intellect to one’s experience in the body. A synergy of theory, interoceptive practice, yoga philosophy and enquiry gives rise to a new understanding and experience of the body. Balance, ease, presence and wholeness arise.
In this workshop Chris and Christine will lead you through the core principles of biotensegrity, Myofascial release, mindfulness and Yoga. Prepare to learn about how to move and explore your body to restore function with greater ease.
In this workshop you will:
· Compare and contrast the conventional anatomy and biomechanics with biotensegrity so that you can choose the model that best serves your intention while working with your clients
· Learn about tensegrity design principles and gain an intuitive understanding of tensegrity in the body
· Identify desired tensegral properties in the body and learn how to help your students cultivate these properties so that they can move more freely, experience supple strength and find better balance.
· Investigate the parallels between Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the biotensegrity paradigm
· Experience mindfulness in movement and breath practices
· Learn how to create a fascia based yoga program into your yoga classes
· Learn how to bring mindfulness to your yoga and meditation practices
Feb 2nd: 6:00 – 9:00PM ~ $60
Feb 3rd: 9:00AM – 5:00PM ~ $180
Register for both days ~ $220
*Early Bird Rate!*
Register for both days prior to January 15th ~ $200
Continuing education credits are available to yoga teachers.
Chris Morita Clancy has been teaching yoga for 25 years and training teachers for over 10. (Vijnana Yoga International, IYTA, SOYA, YACEP, E-RYT500). Chris is a board member of the Stephen M. Levin Biotensegrity Archive, and co-founder of the Pacific Northwest BIG (Biotensegrity Interest Group). Chris brings biotensegrity to yoga teachers and health and wellness practioners through her Embodied Biotensegrity™ trainings.
Christine Wushke is a IAYT yoga therapist, E-RYT500, myofascial release therapist and Hakomi practitioner with over 20 years experience in the field of integrative health. Christine blends the profound principles of Myofascial Release with the mindfulness of Hakomi and the biomechanics of movement, all while keeping intact the essence of Yoga as an 8-fold transformative path and holistic healing system.